Towards fisherfolks livelihood,bangus growers modernization and aqua-marine resources sustainable development.
The DAGAT SEC Reg. No. AI99918874
Secretariat : (Prov) -340 Pantal District, Dagupan City; (.Manila) – 12 Kingswood Brixtonville Subd.,Camarin A, Caloocan City
The Organization aims to empower the diverse sectors and major industry players involved in fish production and all its allied industries through a sustainable approach and instituted policy in the lowest government unit. To expand participation to higher and achievable levels of undertakings, to raise immediate and threatening concerns that reduce the industry’s viability and probable extinction because of low productivity arising due negative trends, by ensuring adequate representation in various fora and symposia to influence policy being formulated that will promote continuing growth and expansion.
The organization is working-out the realization of a good break that would give breath to listed high-impact activities:
1. Improve organizational, administrative capability and structural representation or composition through modernization and networking;
2. Distinctly participate to significant local policy assessment and formulation, planning of programs and projects, to serve as intermediary for funding provisions for industry players;
3. Increase vigilance through genuine and enlightened advocacy work and linkages, to identify opportunities available in order to address problems/issues affecting the sector;
DAGAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS CY 2003:
DAGAT GUIDELINES FOR ACTION:
1. To encourage establishment of functional, integrated working core office to attend to the diverse concerns of the fishing industry, the aquaculture and marine culture, in all coastal barangays of the the city;
2. To pursue protection and the rehabilitation of the water and coastal resource and the natural environment of the city, anchored on genuine economic development and the areas comparative advantage;
3. To empower the marginalized and to realize that productive gains are promoted to the welfare of all;
4. To increase ecological consciousness that environmental protection has far-reaching implications to the survival, material prosperity and growth of the city, to its key industries;
5. To rally the city government to support PO’s and NGO’s, as an approach to institutionalization of social partners to strengthen their role and commitment in addressing the problem on:
a) The depletion of production areas or resources, increasing threats of air, water, solid or residual waste, hazardous and radioactive pollutive waste
b) To identify and highlight negative effects of natural man-made triggered hazards, due to the unabated destruction of ecosystem and loss of biodiversity.
c) Promotion of equity and social justice.
6. Vigorously develop programs, formulate action plans and strategies to encourage the protection and further enhance the aqua-marine fishing industry, to which we are immortally known for, the same shall not be replaced or reduced.
DAGAT LONG-TERM PLANS:
1. Recognize, promote and realize the DABLIN’s PROJECT – the Regions Four-Square Growth Area and its expansion;
2. To establish a Common Educational Research Facility that would evolve into a Foundation, catering to the environmental needs of the critical areas in the Region;
3. To become an accredited foundation with authentic crusade for people’s empowerment.
DAGAT KEY COMPONENTS OF EXISTING ACTIVITIES & FUNCTIONS:
1. Training on Organizational linkages
2. Membership recruitment and genuine empowerment
3. Livelihood and financial intermediation
4. Education and product development
5. Advocacy on cooperativism
6. Effective advisory, monitoring and evaluating independent body, through consultancy function-status.
DAGAT INVOLVEMENT TO TASK FORCE – AD HOC SPECIAL BODIES
1. Task Force on Housing and Squatter Relocation TFHSR-Dagupan City
2. Task Force on the Comnprehensive, Survey, Recovery and Management of Public Lands TFCSRMPL
3. Technical Working Group – UP Planades (Sector on Economy and Aquaculture) for CLUP
4. Technical Review Committee on the Zoning Ordinance
5. Technical Oversight Committee on Formulation of IRR for Ordinance 1768-2003
6. Chairman, Committee on the Prevention of New Squatters
7. Initiated – Task Force on the Survey, Assessment, Documentation and Master Planning of Pantal Elementary School
8. Member, Beneficiary Selection, Adjudication and Award Committee
AD HOC BODY
1. Technical Consultant-Assistant for the Passing of Fishery Ordinance
2. Technical Consultant-Assistant for the Passing of the City’s Land Use Plan
Member – Multi-Partite Monitoring Team for the Dagupan City Diversion Road and Pantal Bridge Project.
Officer – for the City Fishery Resource Management Council (CFARMC-PRO)
Accredited Member Fish Warden – Dagupan City
Member – Multi-Partite Fact Finding Team on Flooding for Pangasinan and the City of Dagupan
Member – Partido Demokratiko Sosyalista ng Pilipines (PDSP)
1. Founder Apollo Go
2. Earthworm Movement
3. Teh Kung Network
4. Super GIBAKI’
DAGAT CONCEPTS AND PROPOSALS ON HOUSING
1. Submitted the following Summary Details of Bonuan Gueset Resettlement Project Member (September 8, 2003)
2. Modified Strategies A Prescription for Management of Socialized Housing and Squatting, A Total Approach for Dagupan City (September 22, 2003)
3. PROCAP – The Preventive, Restorative Oriented and Common Sense Approach (August 3, 2004)
4. DAGAT formerly DBFOOAInc. Proposed Policy Strategies for formulation of CLUP (Intra-Sectoral Discussions March 21, 2002 at the City Museum, Dagupan City
5. DBFOOAInc. Position Paper (Plans and Development strategies for Fish Culture a Sub Sector March 21, 2002)
6. AUTHORED/SPONSORED The following:
6.1 Resolution on the
DAGAT ACTIVITIES, CONCEPTS AND PROPOSALS ON AQUACULTURE
1. DAGAT Drafted Harmonized Version of the New Fishery Ordinance, Submitted Paper to the SP Committee on Laws, Ordinances and Judiciary
2. Proposed Rules and Regulation on Centralized Feeding Warehouse pursuant to Section 50 of Ordinance 1768 and Rule 80 of EO No. 71, s 2003 (September 23, 2003)
2.1 Feed Distribution Scheme
2.2 Feed Distribution and Control Station
2.3 DAGAT Summarized Guide forComprehensive Action Planning (Management Activity, Guidelines, Forms etc.)
3. The Economic Impact of a Revitalized Bangus Industry focusing on its potential, growth and expansion (June 9, 2000)
4. Initiated the Mini-Aqua Fair and seminar lecture, Dagupan City at the Astrodome
5. Dagupan City’s Aquaculture Prospects and the urgent need to adopt a Fishery Management Plan, providing for a Marshall Plan for the sustained growth of its BLUE INDUSTRY
DAGAT INITIATED EXPOSE, FACT-FINDING AND INVESTIGATIONS
1. Field Monitoring and Observations to the Dredging Operations being conducted to the Pantal River Mouth Area by the Agno Flood Control Office, AFCO-DPWHH R
2. Initiated the creation of the 1st LGU-Led
Multipartite Monitoring Team for ECP in the City(Dagupan Diversion Road and Pantal Bridge Project)
3. Fact-Finding Report on the Aggravating factors of flash flooding caused by Typhoon Chedeng to the expanded growth center and strategic areas of dagupan City – Pantal Guibang and dawel River, its environmental implications.
4. Submitted appeal to the Sangguniang Panlungsod to invite in the plenary the DPWH as the project proponent of the By-Pass Road Project
5. Submitted request to the Office of the City Mayor to Order the creation of the MMT based on the ECC issued for the By-Pass Road Project.
DAGAT POLICY AND OBJECTIVE
1. Investigative Research, Scientific Study on Integrated Ecosystem Management and Maintenance
2. Policy on Incentives and Polluters Pay
3. Independent Fact Finding and Survey Mission
DAGAT LETER COMMUNICATION
1. Hon. Benjamin S. Lim on the need to formulate IRR for the Fishery Ordinance (March 20, 2003)
2. SP and CMO on the need to create a MMT (November 17, 2003)
3. CMO on the need to ORDER or REQUEST the creation of the required MMTfor the Pantal Lucao Diversion Road and Bridge Project (October 1, 2003/12-02-03)
TEDDY E. VILLAMIL JR. (Hosting and Emceeing Work)
1. Dagupan City Fiesta Celebration CY 2002
2. Induction of SAMAKA
3. Induction of CFARM Council
4. SK Sportsfest (Opening and Closing, Awarding Ceremonies (2004)
5. Presentor: TWG – UP PLANADES (Sector on Economy) Sectoral Output on the Forum on Waste – Strategic Planning and Workshop at the Lenox Hotel
ATTENDANCE TO VARIOUS FOR A, SUMMIT FOR VARIOUS ISSUES AND CONCERNS
SK Federation and DAGAT Launch Partnership for Environmental Advocacy Programs and Projects for the BANGUS CITY
SK FOCUS ON ENVIRONMENT
DAGAT Inc. have been actively involved in environmental advocacy programs for the city and desire to expand their concern to involve the youth in increasing their awareness and improving their knowledge of the city’s over-all environment and its delicate ecosystem, all through an atmosphere of active and continuing learning.
DAGAT is hopeful that through a sustained interaction of the young people and in helping them discover their inherent share for environmental crusade, they can be empowered and later become active partners for a genuine cause….that is a crusade for a better and safer future for all generation.
Environmental Projects for young people and to adopt relative programs, activities and projects though consultative, participatory and holistic approach.
Role of DAGAT:
To provide non-financial support to promote environmental projects for young people in collaboration with the various leading government offices including private offices through identified supporters and corporate sponsors for environmental concerns.
This cooperation agreement is a pioneering initiative in developing new field of interest where the role of the youth can be highlighted.
The grand vision of this collaborative partnership is to build the most effective program to help young people improve the environment through developing citizenship skills and addressing real environmental issues in their local communities.
To provide the young people the opportunity to learn about sustainable development and various methods of environmental protection through local initiatives, such as through local environmental forums and relevant workshops, in order to make the young generation a steward and true advocate for the protection and rehabilitation of city’s ecosystem.
PROPOSED ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMS:
For the protection of the city’s ecosystem:
River Fact-Finding Team (Environment)
- River-Creek resource assessment
- Motorcade (Launching and Cluster Documentation of the State of the River)
- Declaration of Commitment and Undertaking for the protection of river
- Housing & Settlement
- Waste Management
- Film Showing
- Barangay Symoposia – Fora
- Radio Appearance
- Email Address and Joint DAGAT-SK Website
- River Watch Hotline
- Old SK’s joining our Environmental
- Crusade as DAGAT VOLUNTEERS
- Kalikasan Jingle writing and composing workshop – Battle of the Band
- SK-DAGAT speaker’s bureau
Clean and Green Program (Environment and Livelihood)
- Cluster or Barangay Mini-Garden/Nursery Centers
- Zero idle lot program
- Adopt a Barangay Nursery Program
- Kabataan at si Katandaan (Social Responsibility and Awareness Program)
- ABCD-SK PURACAY Beach Project
- Multi Sectoral Approach.